Last Update December 2013
- INORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
- Information collected directly from you.
Generally, you can visit Miyakawa's websites without entering any personal information. On certain pages, we may ask you for personal information to provide a service or carry out a transaction that you have requested. The personal information we collect may include contact details, such as your name, title, company name, e-mail address, telephone number, and mailing address;
You are not required to provide any of this information, but if you do not, we may not be able to provide you the requested service.
- Information collected automatically
- We collect information about your visit to our sites, including what pages you view, the number of bytes transferred, the links you click, the materials you access, and other actions taken within Miyakawa's sites.
- Our use of information
- Services and transactions.
We use your personal information to deliver services or carry out transactions you have requested, such as providing information on our products and services.
- Website improvement.
- We may use your personal information to improve our websites and related Miyakawa products or services, or to make our websites easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information or by customizing our websites to your particular preference or interests.
- We may use your personal information gathered via our websites to inform you of products or services available from Miyakawa. When collecting information that might be used to contact you about our products and services, we will always give you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such communications.
- Our use of web analytics
- Miyakawa uses industry standard web analytics to track web visits. You may opt out of web analytics by installing tools on your computer.
- INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
- Disclosure of your personal information
Except as described below, personal information you provide to Miyakawa through our websites will not be shared outside of Miyakawa.
- Disclosure to service providers.
- Miyakawa contracts with other companies to provide services on our behalf, such as hosting websites, sending out information, processing transactions, and analyzing our websites. We provide these companies with only those elements of your personal information they need to deliver those services. These companies and their employees are prohibited from using that personal information for any other purpose.
- Disclosure to subsidiary companies and distributors.
- In responding to a request made by you, we may share your personal information with companies that distribute our products including our subsidiary companies. In those cases, we provide these companies with only those elements of your personal information they need to respond to your request, and these companies and their employees are prohibited from using that personal information for any other purpose. In some cases, we may seek your permission to share your information with subsidiaries and distributors for marketing purposes other than responding to a request from you. However, we will not share your information for such marketing purposes unless we have obtained your express consent to do so.
- Disclosure in connection with transactions.
- In connection with certain transactions, we may disclose some or all of your personal information to financial institutions, government entities, and shipping companies or postal services involved in fulfillment.
- Disclosure for other reasons.
- We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or with legal process served on us, to protect and defend our rights or property, or in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of any individual.
- REVIEWING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- In some cases, you can review and correct personal information provided through our websites by going to the page on which you provided the information. In all cases, you can make a request to review and correct your personal information collected via our websites or ask Miyakawa to stop using it by completing our Contact Us form.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
- Miyakawa does not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children and does not target or direct its websites to children.
- LINK TO OTHER SITES
- Our websites may contain links to other sites such as overseas subsidiaries, sales affiliates, professional and government organizations, and publications. We also link to third-party providers that host, maintain and operate on-line training curricula. While we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices employed by other sites.
- If you have questions regarding this policy or our handling of your personal information, please Contact Us. We will promptly address your concern and strive to reach a satisfactory resolution.